Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real.

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I think the title is self explanatory. We live all our life in one form or the other of this fear. A few years ago during a casual discussion with a professor in sociology I was asked to define FEAR. I was not able to define it, then I was asked to define FAITH. Again I found it very difficult. The professor explained that FEAR is something unknown that takes over your feeling and FAITH also is something unknown that takes over your feeling. Both Fear and Faith are feelings and opposite to each other.

Both these are unknown and grow with the help of your imagination or creativity. If you feed your Faith then your Fears starve and vice versa. Fear cripples our thinking and damages our personality. It makes us inferior. Fear is such a powerful feeling that it has been classified into so many types like phobias, Fear of Speaking, Fear of Writing, Fear of Crime etc. Though we all talk so much about positive thinking, we are unable to get rid of Fear why?


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? Our lives are controlled by the fear of failure.Trial and error are usually the prime means of solving life’s problems. Yet many people are afraid to undertake the trial because they’re too afraid of experiencing the error. They make the mistake of believing that all error is wrong and harmful, when most of it is both helpful and necessary.


Success and Failure are two sides of a coin and are required in a balanced way for a person to grow for better.A little selfishness is valuable even in the most caring person. And a little failure is essential to preserve everyone’s perspective on success.We talk a lot about being positive. Maybe we also need to recognize that the negative parts of our lives and experience are just as important a play a very important role in finding success, both in our work and life.




We must develop our faith which will make things possible but not necessarily easy.As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will.


Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light? ~Maurice Freehill





StumpleUpon DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google I'm reading: Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real. ~ Twitter FaceBook

4 comments:

Anand Chauhan February 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

I would say a man afraid of light is more foolish.

HintsfromElouise February 11, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Fear governs an amazingly large part of our lives. Especially if we allow fear to control our movements. I have lived most of my life in fear of what men will do to me. I developed this fear as a young child. I have nurtured it many years. It has grown to be a very large piece of my make up and by far the largest hindrance to success. It has taken many years to fully recognize what I have been doing to myself. I am gorwing my faith at this moment to overcome and banish these fears to their proper place. It is ok to feel cautious, It is not ok to feel too frightened to move forward.

Terresa February 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

This has struck a chord within me. This week as I was getting ready to return to work from my lunch break one day, I experienced the following thought: "I don't attempt new things because I'm always feeling like I need to 'catch up' to someone else's level. A part of me thinks that is impossible so why even try."

As part of working with a coach, I'm learning to accept myself and not to judge my work and pursuits by someone else's yardstick. Reading your article, Anand, just highlights the fact that I am letting False Evidence Appear Real when I don't try something because someone else is doing it and has been doing it longer than I have.

Thanks for sharing.

Terresa February 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Oops, I goofed. I thought Anand had written the FEAR article. Looking more closely, I see it was posted by jedicool. My apologies.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I am a B-tech student who is a passionate blogger and Web Addict. Like to read books and spill my thoughts on white paper. I love analyzing intricate behavioral gestures.....

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP