Entertainment Is Not Always Frivolous II

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My great friend Anand has a post with this same Title. As i was going through it many thoughts were passing through my mind, initially i wanted to post a comment but felt i should create a post and share my thoughts on the important observations made by Anand in his post.

1. Never try to be successful , pursue excellence

All of us visualize Success as a Scene where you are well placed professionally and have a good if not an excellent income and a happy family. In this context if one were to pursue excellence, then one must forget about Success, the Success may follow you but you have to be insulated from it if you are to pursue excellence as excellence demands 100% focus and dedication. I would neither pursue Success nor Excellence but would like to pursue Bliss which is Happiness to the power of Infinity.

2. Freedom to Life- Life is beautiful
Live and Live happily towards Happiness? Can Happiness be achieved by living happily? If so then why is Happiness needed if you are already Happy. i am confused. Happiness can be experienced only if you know how painful sorrow can be. Often we recollect how we could never get something/somebody we craved for more than anything else on this earth and miserably failed to get. Most of us have at least one such failed wish, it could be education, love, material objects etc. Every-time we recollect this, a dull pain is felt in the chest and the mind feels numb, we tend to float in this dark pond for long time if there is no interruption. We tend to slip into this state whenever we are alone, have been deprived of something, have had some loss etc. Many tend to slip into this state often as they experience a sort of painful happiness. A more acute stage is termed as Mental Depression. Only when we learn to become indifferent to both joy and sorrow we can learn to live happily.

I would like to share my thoughts on other points also. But i would first like you all to share your thoughts on my post. I will feel more energized when we have a more lively debate. Hope to receive lots of thoughts and opinions.





StumpleUpon DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google I'm reading: Entertainment Is Not Always Frivolous II ~ Twitter FaceBook

5 comments:

anand January 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

You arguments regarding happiness,excellence and success is profound. However, I feel that success and happiness is different entities which are not complimentary to each other... for one happiness may be success, and for other other things can define his/her success.. however, excellence is standalone quality to be achieved.

HintsfromElouise January 27, 2010 at 1:18 AM  

Happiness is what you choose to make it. So in its own way is Success. Happiness is more a feeling than a way of life, but it is possible, even desirable, to make being happy a way of life. I choose to live a happy life by the choices I make in responding to others. I can choose to help without taking on the issue. That way I protect my own emotional state. I can choose to define success as being happy more often that any other state. I have chosen that definition. Although we may have to declare bankrupcy and lose our house, I choose to do all I can to make myself and my family happy. A house is not needed for that.

Musheer Mubarki January 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

The state of bliss which u r talking about can only b attained if you just make yourself free from all desires & needs.. And for this you have to renounce this materialistic world! There is just no other way in sight where you can be "happy" while wanting something!! Get realistic! this is not utopia! I can show hundreds of ways of being happy..but none of them can be realised in this world. None!
Get real! give some advice which is useful for an ordinary man...not just food for thought for intellectuals!

jedicool January 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

Dear Musheer i would like to say that if one becomes compassionate and is able to share without any expectation then attaining bliss is not very difficult

anand January 30, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

Dear sir, I would say that the compassion that you are refering to should be unbiased. Unbiased compassion is true one...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I am a B-tech student who is a passionate blogger and Web Addict. Like to read books and spill my thoughts on white paper. I love analyzing intricate behavioral gestures.....

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP